Company Corporate Values: Respect, Honesty, Reliability, Loyalty and Community
Reports to: The Board of Directors (9 – member board)
Direct Reports: 5
After 20 years of service with the company, the current President/CEO will be retiring from the position at the end of Q2 2023. The current CEO will continue to be available in an advisory capacity until the end of the year.
The new President & CEO (CEO) must embrace our corporate values while maintaining financial stability and responsible growth. Working collaboratively with our dedicated mutually-minded team, the new CEO will move the company onward for the betterment of its policyholder members.
You will maintain an open relationship with the Board of Directors by providing them with timely strategic and operational reports and industry updates.
In addition to the operational oversight, your responsibilities will include: strategic planning and implementation, financial leadership & risk management, advisor to the board, assure regulatory & governance compliance and human resource management.
About the Company:
South Easthope Mutual was established over 151 years ago and continues to operate as a community-based insurer. With our head office in Tavistock, ON the company is represented by both agents and a select group of loyal brokers. We also have agency offices in Woodstock, Mitchell and Listowel, and have a total staff of approximately 40 people. Our membership base is primarily rural property and auto/farm, residential and small commercial.
People first. By living our corporate values, our workplace promotes family and community well-being. Our true mutual philosophy makes the best interests of our members the priority.
The company is also the sole owner of a subsidiary software company, which operates independently at arm’s length.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of management/leadership experience in the property and casual insurance industry
- Experience with both agency and broker distribution
- Previous experience working with a Board of Directors
- Computer literacy and/or awareness of IT solutions
- Financial literacy and strong analytical skills
- Financial and human resource management
- Active or past community/volunteer involvement
- Collaborative leadership style
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- You are a natural and genuine leader who empowers and brings out the best in people
- You have superior judgement and sound decision-making capabilities
- You are a strategic and conscientious thinker
- You demonstrate integrity in all that you do
- You possess strong and articulate communication skills including listening, empathy & being respectful
- Commensurate on background and experience
- Health and dental benefits, LTD, life and critical illness insurance, EAP
- Pension plan
To apply for this position, contact Jeff Roth at Jroth@deangroup.ca. We thank all who apply, however only suitable candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Dean Group is pleased to assist those who may require specific accommodations for the interview process. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our office as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
Licensed Insurance Agent
South Easthope Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an energetic individual to join our team as a licensed agent to serve existing policyholder members and grow our member base in the Oxford County area.
We are seeking candidates who are respected in their community and possess a sound knowledge of farm operations.
- Someone who will embrace our corporate values: Respect, Honesty, Reliability, Loyalty and Community and mutual values, with our focus on policyholder members
- Demonstrates integrity and utmost good faith, respect of privacy and confidentiality
- Possess or obtain an “Other than Life” (OTL) General Insurance license within 60 days
- Strong knowledge of various agricultural operations, buildings and equipment
- Previous sales experience an asset
- Previous insurance experience an asset
- Excellent people and relationship building skills.
- A team player with ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Great listening, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational, documentation and math skills, proficient with computers
- Be available to policyholder members as needed outside normal office hours
- Embraces continuing education as may be required
- Must hold current and valid Ontario driver’s license
- Provide and maintain own reliable vehicle and cell phone
If this position is of interest to you, and you feel you have the attributes we are looking for we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter to:
South Easthope Mutual Insurance Company
62 Woodstock Street S., Box 33
Attention: Hiring Manager
Email submissions also welcome at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about our Company can be viewed at www.southeasthope.com
Only persons selected for an interview will be contacted. We do thank all applicants for their interest.